Why eBooks?Many people still like to snuggle up in bed or on a sofa with a book. Their argument is that they like the smell of the paper. (I am certain in the near future, an iPad will be released that has a little snout that can emit configurable musty smells). While that remains true, eBooks have their advantages over printed books:
- eBooks are tree friendly!
- eBooks are universally accessible. They do not need transport for distribution. Less pollution.
- eBooks are not limited in length due to publisher restrictions. Nor in content, title, price or cover.
- eBooks can be corrected and updated at any time. No need to wait for the next edition or errata lists.
- eBooks can contain audio and video clips (through links).
- eBooks can be easily searched.
- eBooks can be easily bookmarked without the unsightly bending of the corner of a page.
- eBooks remove the middle man (no printing presses, publishers, distributors, bookstores, etc) giving the independent author more freedom for development.
- eBooks cost less to produce and publish. This is reflected as a lower end price for you, the reader.
- eBooks are immediately available for downloading. No time is wasted waiting for the shipment to arrive.
- eBooks are always available. You will not see an "out of print" or "currently not available" indicator for printed books.
- eBooks are lendable without fear of loss!
- eBooks are portable. You can carry more books than you can read in a year in your tablet, phone, laptop or USB drive.
- And you do not need elaborate plastic to cover the books. They do not spoil.
Do you need more reasons